Monday 16 April 2012

Rough Days and Missed Meetings


Hi friends!

It's been a few days. Life has been a bit difficult. J has been spirited, to say the least. He's been back talking, disobedient...typical four year old. We're trying to be patient and hope that this stage passes quickly.  His therapist says that this might be encouraging, a cognitive leap. Trying to console our stressed selves with that fact is *not* an easy task.

We were supposed to have our family service plan meeting today. I got there...late. I had written it down, programmed it into my calendar, and my calendar CHANGED THE TIME. I almost cried. On top the the sheer "bad"ness of the last few days, this happened. It worked out, though. I got to talk to his OT and ST and we were able to come up with a plan of attack for the next few months. The center will be wrapping up J's care over the next few months, and that breaks my heart. They've been with him since he was a baby, and soon we'll close that door. At the same time, I'm excited. They have taught him so much, and taught me so much, and together we've helped J to come so far and overcome huge obstacles. They've given my child an amazing start to what I'm sure will be an amazing life.

Tomorrow, the woman who is helping to set up J's support for school, "A", will be meeting us at the school. We were supposed to see each other at the meeting, but that didn't exactly work out. We're going to start planning his school-level meeting. That'll be in a few months, and have as many of J's therapists and aides as we can manage to have there. I'm looking forward to seeing her, and getting the ball rolling.

The center is going to follow K for awhile longer, but there's no real concern. They just want to keep an eye on her and make sure she's progressing at a normal level. So far, she is. She's got a handful of words, and a world of diva attitude. Seeing the love that my babies have for each other, and the joy that they bring to Daddy and I, can make anything OK. We are truly blessed.

Have a wonderful night. Hoping tomorrow is a good day for everyone!

~Dee~

No comments:

Post a Comment