Wednesday 27 June 2012

A Few Thoughts


Hi everyone!

Hope you're doing well. The weather's been gorgeous and sunny here.  J had OT today, and after that we went to the water park and met up with some friends.  We're very lucky that our water park is free, otherwise we could not afford to go!  The kids had a blast. K was afraid of the spraying water, but J loved it. He doesn't like pools, but he sure loves spraying water. My best friend was there with two of her kids, and they all played together.  Her daughter, K, who has the same name as my K, absolutely loves her, and chased her around the park the whole time.  J played with her son, K, and even walked with him on the way home.

There's not really anything new to report.  We had his school level meeting and preschool graduation on Monday. The meeting has given me a lot of hope. The school is very ready for J.  They've set up an aide, and had already been familiarizing him with the school, without my knowledge.  The referrals for ST and OT go out soon.  I have such a good feeling about things. There is so much support for J, it just takes my breath away.  He's excited as well,  he really misses preschool.  We ran into B at the water park today, and he was really excited.  We'll be going to the school park over the summer, so we may be able to drop by the daycare and see M and B again.

The assessment is soon, and I find that I'm not nearly as worried as I was. No matter the outcome, he's still the same amazing boy that he's always been. He may be emotional and easily agitated, but at the same time, he plays with his sister and makes her giggle, loves books and music, and has an insatiable curiosity about the world around him. No diagnosis can change that. He's J. He'll always be J. If we remember that, all will be well. All that will change is that he will be able to get the help that we weren't able to give him.

That's all I've got for now. Take care!

~Dee~

No comments:

Post a Comment